PRO AL-323-3W Kit
- Kit Includes AL-323 Legs with SH-747 3-way Head
- Arca-type Compatible with L-bracket and "clip" systems
- Max Height - 75.5" with column extended
- Folded Length - 24.5"
- Weight - 4.3 lbs
- Max Load - 8.8 lbs
- Rapid Flip Mechanism - easily adjust leg angles
Included in Kit:
- Slik Pro AL-323 3 section Tripod Legs
- Slik SH-747 Arca-type 3-way Tilt and Pan Head
The Pro 300 series tripods are solid, full-size, built tough, and ready for any adventure. From a quick trip to the park or the scorching heat of Death Valley, the Pro 300 series delivers rock solid performance with a “ready-to-travel” attitude.
At the heart of the new series is a completely redesigned low-profile collar and a new Rapid Flip Mechanism (RFM) that provides an easy way to adjust the leg angles. Now with just a simple “Flip” you can adjust your leg angles to increase stability on uneven surfaces, and lower the overall height of the tripod for creative low-angle perspectives. We have also added an accessory port to the side of the collar that accepts ¼ 20” or 3/8” accessories like magic arms to hold lights, phones, or tablets.
Each leg is made up of 3 sections and the height is adjusted using the easy-to-use flip-lock design for solid slip-free operation. The center column includes a hook to hold your bag off the ground or provide more weight and stability when needed. It can be separated into 2 pieces for low-angle work or be inverted so that you can shoot straight down over your subject. A great feature to have when shooting macro.
The center column has 4 important features:
- The thread post is reversible so it can be set to 3/8” or ¼ 20” male threads allowing it to work with any type of head without the need for an adapter.
- The column can be separated into two sections by simply unscrewing the bottom section. This helps reduce weight when needed and allows the tripod to be set to the lowest possible position off the ground.
- The column is reversible so the head can be positioned between the legs instead of on top. This lets you position the camera very close to the ground or provide a straight down view of your subject.
- Integrated, retractable hook at the bottom of the center column to hang your camera bag for increased stability on uneven terrain or windy conditions.
The SH-747 is a 3-way pan and tilt head that features Slik's new Arca-Compatible Dual-Stage quick-release platform. The new platform provides a choice between the traditional (side-to-side) quick release plate placement on still cameras and the common (front-to-back) quick release plate placement on video cameras.
A simple release lever allows you to rotate and lock the dual-stage to your preferred position. The platform also includes two round style bubble levels to help you set up your camera for level shooting.
This makes the head a versatile choice for all photographers and hybrid style shooters that switch between stills and video.
Please note: The SH-747 does not provide video style friction control common to video heads. If you need that feature please check out the SH-747FC.
3-way pan heads offer separate controls: tilt (up and down), pan (left and right), and horizon leveling (landscape to portrait orientation). This provides more precise adjustments on one axis while not affecting the other two axis for accurate framing of your subject. A feature that can be difficult to control with ball heads because all axis are released when the ball is loose.
A new horizon leveling knob comes pre-installed on the head to help reduce the "travel profile" of the head. This makes is easier to pack or attach to a backpack because you do not need to worry about the leveling handle sticking out and getting caught on trees, bushes, or bopping you in the head. Of course we include the regular handle in the box if you prefer that over the knob.
The head attaches to all tripod legs that use a 3/8' male thread post. We also include (preinstalled on the base of the head) a 3/8" to ¼ 20” thread adapter in case your legs use a 1/4 20" thread post like Slik's Sprint Pro III series.
Max Height (Column Up) 75.5" Max Height (Column Down) 63.1" Material Aluminum Folded Length 24.5" Weight 4.31lbs Number of Leg Sections 3 Maximum Load 8.8lbs Leg Lock Type Lever Locks Leg Angle Adjustment Rapid Flip Mechanism Arca-Compatible Yes L-Bracket Compatible Yes Quick Release Plate Included - 6507 (SKU 618-822) Warranty 3-year limited USA Thread Post Compatible 3/8" (includes 3/8" to 1/4 20" adapter)