PRO AL-523-3W Kit
- Kit includes PRO AL-523 Legs and SH-747 3-way Head
- Arca-type Compatible with L-bracket and "clip" systems
- Max Height - 79" with column extended
- Folded Length - 26.2"
- Weight - 5.2 lbs
- Max Load - 13.2 lbs
- Rapid Flip Mechanism - easily adjust leg angles
- PRO AL-523 3 section Tripod Legs
- SH-747 Arca-Type 3 way Pan & Tilt Head
PRO AL-523 Tripod Legs
At the core of the PRO AL-523 3-section tripod legs is a collar and leg-joint system that improves torsion strength and reduces vibration. It allows Slik to employ its exclusive Rapid Flip Mechanism (R.F.M.) which provides quick and easy one-handed operation when setting the leg-angles to one of three stable positions.
The all-aluminum legs have 3 sections that quickly deploy and lock using lever locks that are easy to operate with or without gloves. The PRO AL-523-3W Kit has a maximum operating height of 79" and folds down to 26.2" making it a convenient tripod to pack and carry.
The center column has 4 important features:
- The thread post is reversible so it can be set to 3/8” or ¼ 20” male threads allowing it to work with any type of head without the need for an adapter.
- The column can be separated into two sections by simply unscrewing the bottom section. This helps reduce weight when needed and allows the tripod to be set to the lowest possible position off the ground.
- The column is reversible so the head can be positioned between the legs instead of on top. This lets you position the camera very close to the ground or provide a straight down view of your subject.
- Integrated, retractable hook at the bottom of the center column to hang your camera bag for increased stability on uneven terrain or windy conditions.
Additional features include a bubble level on the main collar to quickly set your horizon and an accessory port for extension arms that hold monitors, tablets, or other photographic accessories.
The SH-747 is a 3-way pan and tilt head that features Slik's new Arca-Compatible Dual-Stage quick-release platform. The new platform provides a choice between the traditional (side-to-side) quick release plate placement on still cameras and the common (front-to-back) quick release plate placement on video cameras.
A simple release lever allows you to rotate and lock the dual-stage to your preferred position. The platform also includes two round style bubble levels to help you set up your camera for level shooting.
This head is a versatile choice for all photographers and hybrid style shooters that switch between stills and video.
Please note: The SH-747 does not provide video style friction control common to video heads. If you need that feature please checkout the SH-747FC.
3-way pan heads offer separate controls: tilt (up and down), pan (left and right), and horizon leveling (landscape to portrait orientation). This provides more precise adjustments on one axis while not affecting the other two axes for accurate framing of your subject. The independent functionality of 3-way heads is different than ball heads because all axis are released when the ball is loose.
A new horizon leveling knob comes pre-installed on the head to help reduce the "travel profile" of the head. This makes is easier to pack or attach to a backpack because you do not need to worry about the tilt and/or pan handles sticking out and getting caught on trees, bushes, or bopping you in the head. We include the regular handle in the box if you prefer that over the knob.
The head attaches to all tripod legs that use a 3/8' male thread post. We also include (preinstalled on the base of the head) a 3/8" to ¼ 20” thread adapter in case your legs use a 1/4 20" thread post like Slik's Sprint Pro III series.
Max Height (Column Up) 79" Max Height (Column Down) 66.5" Material Aluminum Folded Length 26.2" Weight 5.2lbs / 2360g Number of Leg Sections 3 Maximum Load 13.2lbs / 6kg Leg Angle Adjustment Rapid Flip Mechanism Leg Lock Type Lever Locks Thread Post Compatible 3/8" (includes 3/8" to 1/4 20" adapter) Arca-Compatible Yes L-Bracket Compatible Yes Quick Release Plate Included - 6507 (SKU 618-822) Warranty 3-year limited USA