PRO AL-523HDII Kit
- Kit includes AL-523 Legs and SH-737HD Pan Head
- Max Height - 66.2in
- Min Height - 12.8in
- Max Load - 11lbs
- Weight - 5.2lbs
- Material - Aluminum
The PRO AL-523HDII Tripod Kit is a complete redesign of the popular PRO 500 full-size series tripods with new features, improved stability and function. At the core of the redesign is the new collar and leg-joint which improves torsion strength and reduces vibration. It also allows Slik to employ its exclusive Rapid Flip Mechanism (R.F.M.) which provides quick and easy one-handed operation when setting the leg-angles to one of three stable positions.
The kit includes the AL-523 Legs and SH-737HD Hybrid Still/Video Pan/Tilt Head. The all-aluminum legs have 3 sections that quickly deploy and lock using lever locks that are easy to operate with or without gloves. It weighs in at 5.2 lbs. (2360 g) while supporting 11lbs. (5 kg). The AL-523 leg only folds down to 26.2 inches and a max height of 66.2 inches. The SH-737HD is a pan/tilt head with fluid-like video tension control of the pan and tilt axis. Great for photographers that want one head to cover their still and video needs. It uses Slik quick release plate #6264 which has a tool-free mounting design for fast and easy attach and removal from the camera.
The center column has 4 important features:
- The thread post is reversible so it can be set to 3/8” or ¼ 20” male threads allowing it to work with any type of head without the need for an adapter. It takes less than 2 minutes to change and all tools and instructions are included with the tripod.
- The column can be separated into two sections by simply unscrewing the bottom section. This helps reduce weight when needed but more importantly allows you to set the tripod to the lowest possible position off the ground.
- The column can be reversed so the head can be positioned between the legs instead of on top. This lets you position the camera very close to the ground or provide a straight down view of your subject.
- Integrated, retractable hook at the bottom of the center column to hang your camera bag for increased stability on uneven terrain or windy conditions.
Additional features include a bubble level on the main collar to quickly set your horizon and an accessory port for extension arms that hold monitors, tablets, or other photographic accessories.
Maximum Operating Height 66.2in / 1680mm Minimum Operating Height 12.8 in / 325mm Maximum Height - Center Column Down 53.6in / 1360mm Folded Length 26.2in / 665mm Weight 5.2lbs / 2360g Number of Leg Sections 3 Maximum Load 11lbs / 5kg Leg Lock Type Rapid Flip Mechanism